Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Movie with the girls!!

Went to the movies with two lovely ladies, Carol and Claudette, so we were the three 'C's', LOL.  We all pretty well enjoyed it, but it was nothing like the biblical story we all grew up on, apart from the Ark!!




"As a young boy, Noah witnessed his father, Lamech, being killed by the young king Tubal-Cain, who wanted to seize Lamech's land.
Many years later, Noah is living with his wife Naameh and his three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. After seeing a flower grow instantly from the ground and being haunted by vivid dreams, Noah decides to travel with his family to visit his grandfather, Methuselah.
On the way, they come upon a group of people recently killed. They adopt the lone survivor, a girl named Ila, who was wounded in the attack and has become barren. Noah and his family are chased by Tubal-Cain's men, but are able to seek refuge with fallen angels known as the Watchers. The Watchers had been forced by the Creator to remain on earth as stone golems for disobeying the Creator and helping humans after they had been banished from Garden of Eden. Humans had attempted to enslave and kill the Watchers, but Methuselah helped them escape and was befriended by them.
Noah receives a seed passed down from Eden from Methuselah. He plants the seed and an entire forest grows from it within seconds. Noah announces that all the wood will be used to build an ark, and Noah's family and the Watchers begin construction.
Eight years later, as the Ark nears completion, animals start to walk into the ark and are put to sleep by incense that Noah prepares. Noah goes to a nearby settlement to find wives for his three sons but finds that the surrounding lands have been running short on food and the humans, led by Tubal-Cain, have become savage and cannibalistic. He becomes convinced that the Creator wishes for the human race to end and abandons his effort. Back at the camp, Methuselah blesses Ila, and her barrenness is cured.
Ham decides to go to the camp himself and find a wife. He encounters a frightened young girl named Na'el. She is willing to go with him as the flood begins, but on their way back Na'el's foot gets caught in an animal trap just as Tubal-Cain's horde marches on the Ark. Noah forces Ham to save himself and leave Na'el behind to be trampled to death.
All of Noah's family gets in the Ark except for Methuselah, who chooses to die in the flood. As the Ark is launched, the Watchers sacrifice themselves to protect it from the oncoming horde, allowing them to ascend into Heaven. As the flood drowns the remaining soldiers, Tubal-Cain manages to stow away on the Ark. The king is found by Ham and befriends him, playing on anger toward Noah for allowing Na'el to die.
Ila discovers that she is pregnant, and soon after the rains stop. Naameh, Shem, and Ila inform Noah of this, but the patriarch says that if the child is a girl he will kill her to satisfy the Creator's wish to destroy humanity. Noah asks for the Creator's counsel but finds no answer. He resolves to follow his plan, despite Naameh's unsuccessful attempts to dissuade him.
Months pass, and Ila and Shem build a small raft to escape Noah, but Noah burns it just as they prepare to leave. Ila goes into labor and gives birth to twin girls.
Meanwhile, Tubal-Cain is able to convince Ham to help kill Noah. Noah is lured by Ham to the aft of the ark on false pretenses, where he is attacked by Tubal-Cain, Ham, and Shem. As they fight, the Ark hits a mountain, injuring both Noah and Tubal-Cain. As Tubal-Cain is about to deliver a killing blow to Noah, a repentant Ham attacks and kills Tubal-Cain. Noah searches the ark for Ila and the twins and finds them, but decides to spare their lives.
As the family departs the Ark, Ham decides to leave them, still angry at Noah. Noah explains that he didn't kill his grandchildren because he had nothing in his heart but love for them. Noah blesses the family as the beginning of a new human race. They watch as the Creator sends a rainbow from the sky, covering all of the Earth, signaling his promise to never destroy mankind with a flood again."
Courtesy of Wikipedia.

Having said that, go out for the evening and see it.  Be warned though, if you are a Biblical scholar, you probably will not agree with quite a large chunk of it - just don't forget..... it's entertainment!!

A couple of pics of my darling grandkids from the Fall.....

Katherine and her best friend Savannah at Anna's house...


And my buddy Rhys and his little sis Katherine.....


I hope he will always be her protector!!!  Can't wait to see them, couple more weeks and I'll be on the Greyhound bus on my way.

So, my friends, take care and I'll talk to you again soon.
Hugs, 

54 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Hmm. Noah is not for me - not for religious reasons but because the entertainment (and Russell Crowe) don't float my boat.
Your grandbabies on the other hand are gorgeous. They must make your heart sing.

Елена said...

Hi Chris! Your blog is wonderful, you make so beautiful things!!!!
But the most beautiful are your grandchildren! So cute!!!! :)

Will visit your blog!!! unfortunately, I already reached the limit of following (300 blogs), but it will not stop me from visiting :)

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Lena

Hazel said...

Chris, glad to read to enjoyed your outing with friends to the movies? I got to say it's not I film I would go and see, then again I can't sit still long enough to go and watch one. More gorgeous photos of your grandchildren,
Hazel xx

Hanny said...

It seems like you've had a lot of fun, so nice to go together with freinds, the 3 C's haha. In the Netherlands we have a "ladiesnight" each month, they show a special movie for the ladies and you get a goodiebag. When all of my girl's living near to my house we went all together and we had so much fun so I can imagen how your evening was. Seems like the movie was a succes!
Have a nice day, hugs from the Netherlands,liefs Hanny, http://tierelantijntjes.blogspot.nl

Sue said...

I am not a fan of Russell Crowe,so was going to give this film a miss anyway.
Thanks for telling the story.
Sue x

syros2js said...

I've already added this movie to my "must-be-seen" list!!!
;-)
Hugs, Chris!

Elizabethd said...

The movie has had some poor reviews here.

A Quiet Corner said...

Although not a Crowe fan, we'll wait until it is on cable...the original is the way to go!...:)JP

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

So glad you had a good time at the movies but not sure about this film probably wait until it comes out on sky and watch it then. Your grandchildren are beautiful. Love Alison xxx

Montanagirl said...

Lovely grandchildren! We don't go to movies, and I guess I'm not really a fan of Russell Crowe either.

Jeanie said...

I have heard lots, both good and bad, about this movie. I will probably see it but will try to go with a couple of friends so it will be fun no matter what I think about the movie.
I know you must be very eager to get on to your visit with those cute grandkids.

Lulu James said...

Have you seen "God's Not Dead"? I hear it is a great movie. In my opinion anything which drives man to The Word---is worth watching! Found you through Sarah's blog who is one of my daughter's friends. She inspires me as do you---your creativeness is awesome!

Little Bitty Damn Houze said...

This movie is on my radar, but probably from the comfort of "home"! Thanks for the review! Love the grandbabies! Happy Easter!

jennifer768 said...

Glad that you had a good time out with the girls.The grandkids are adorable.Don't think I will be watching the movie but thanks for the review.Blessings,Jen

Jeanette said...

Love little Katherines hat! So cute!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
My pal went to see this movie and quite enjoyed it with something of the same reserve in her review that you just gave! I am not a great cinema goer at the best of times and generally not a great fan of these modern, effect-driven efforts... regardless of genre. Despite being a scriptural scholar I have no issue with the story being used in this way though.

Your littlies are very cutesome. YAM xx

faye said...

Hi Chris .....
you have a wonderful blog...
love those signature graphics.!!

I am still dreaming of retiring... but it keeps getting pushed back.

Kathleen said...

Thanks, no need to go and see the film now, as I know all about it, not sure if I would have liked it, glad you had a great night though.

Kath x

ruma said...


Hello, Chris.

  Attractive works.
  You are the excellent artist.

  I thank for your usual and hearty support.
  Have a good day.  
  From Japan, ruma ❀

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I've heard the movie Noah is quite interesting. I would like to see it - however, I never seem to get to the theater. Always have to wait for Netflix.

Thanks for sharing as makes me want to go.

Melodee said...

thanks for the review, we wanted to see this! your grandkids are soooo cute!

Mimsie said...

What beautiful children. I can see why you can't wait to see them. The waiting will make the moment even more precious for you.
As far as the film goes I am not a fan of Russell Crowe or even movies for that matter. Haven't been to the picture theatre for 10 years or more and seldom watch movies on TV.
That story is quite unbelievable and was amazed to find that Noah and his family are not human after all or why would 'humans' be destroyed if they are not?
It is certainly different to the original story and I've never been sure whether to believe that one or not. It allegedly happened so many centuries ago and one wonders if there were people who could actually write down what happened and if so, in which language which then would have to be translated and much is often lost in the translation.
P.S. Your blog showed on my blog but for some reason I was unable to open it.

River said...

I've seen this movie advertised on the sides of buses here, but not felt any great urge to go and see it. Now that I've read your story, I don't need to watch it even when it finally makes it to TV land.

Susan said...

Hello Chris....Glad to see you enjoyed Noah. Had heard about that movie.

The grandkids are absolute dolls! Isn't grandparenting the best? Susan

YONKS said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. As you say, it's entertainment. I can't understand how people become so upset over a movie, no matter what their beliefs. Lighten up people!
Beautiful grand kids :-)
Di
X

chilli pip said...

Lovely post , entertaining as always.

rainfield61 said...

Sorry to take so long to travel so many thousands miles in order to reach your blog.

So hi to you, your grand kids, and others.

Patti's Artful Design said...

Hi Chris... Thank you for stopping by with your lovely comments. I am your newest follower:). Your grandchildren are adorable:)! Have a wonderful weekend.

Silvia said...

Hi, Thank you for following my Blog and your sweet comment. I am now following your Blog as well
And may I say your Grandkids are ever so cute

Jules Woolford said...

Hello Chris, Thank you so much for visiting and following me and your lovely comments about my blog!
What a super family you have.
Julesx

Mary Ann at classic•casual•home said...

What adorable children!!! I may wait for the movie to come out on Netfix! Happy weekend.

Constance said...

Hi Chris,
Thank you for visiting my blog and for becoming a follower. I'm recently retired as well and really enjoyed my visits to your blog. I'll be visiting often.

Take care,

Jen said...

Thank you for following my blog. Your grandkids are so cute.

Noah is most likely not a movie I will go to see. Our family only goes about once or twice a year to the movies. We usually wait until something comes out on video.

Tracy said...

Awww cute children.

romance-of-roses said...

Hello Chris,
Thank you for following me and your sweet comments. I am now following you. The children are so precious, I just adore children. My family is now grown and have 5 grandchildren, young adults.
Happy to meet you, Lu

Carolynn Anctil said...

Hmmm...I'm not sure I would enjoy the movie, if it departed so much from the bible version. I'm a classicist (is that a word..?).

I love Katherine's hat! So cute.

Thank you so much for stopping by my place and leaving such a lovely note.

Blessings,
Carolynn
A Glowing Ember

Sharon Wagner said...

I want to see, "Heaven is for real" But I usually wait for it to come on all those cable channels we pay so much for.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Hi Chris!! Thanks so much for your sweet comments and following me! My husband and I were maybe wanting to see that movie too, but we might just wait til it comes out. Sweet pictures of your grandchildren :) Happy pre-Easter week!! xo Holly

culturafemenina said...

Hi Chris,
Thank you for visiting my blog and for becoming a follower.Happy easter...
iela

Hollie said...

I'm so honored that you are following my blog!! I look forward to following you also!! I love antiques and old stuff in general!! I hope you share your creations!!!

Ozjane said...

Nice to have you visit my infrequently updated blog these days. I must improve.
I think I shall give Noah a miss...I know the Bible story too well.

Inger said...

This reminded me that I never go to the movies any longer. We do have a theater in our small town, but it seems we either watch them on TV or wait for the DVD. It can be such a fun experience to actually go. I am now your latest follower, boy, you sure have a lot of followers! Finally, thank you so much for your kind words about my blog. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Saimi said...

My husband and I left the movie thinking it was one of the worst movies we ever saw - when my son saw it he really liked it. After discussing the movie together, I realized it wasn't as bad after all, I also read the story in the Old Testament and it's not really that long so I guess if one was to make a movie about it you need to be a bit creative - so you're right, it's just entertainment based on a true story.

You have darling grandchildren !! I have a couple of my own and loving every minute of it!

Saimi
www.mydogarchie.blogspot.com

Julia said...

Hi Chris, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Your Grandchildren are so sweet and gorgeous.

So much fuss over this movie, I will have to see it for myself.

Julia ♥

Country Girl said...

Hi Chris. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you have a fun and friendly place here! Take care.

Country Girl said...

Hi Chris. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you have a fun and friendly place here! Take care.

Karen Xavier said...

Yikes, what were they thinking while making Noah... sounds like they smoking something really strong when they wrote it. Anyway, your grandchildren are darlings... enjoy your stay with them.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love Russell....good Aussie actor....will have to go and see this one...thanks for popping by...

Kristie said...

Your grandkids are adorable! :)
Kristie

Julia said...

Hi Chris, thanks for your comment on my blog and for following me. I will also follow you. I don't know how you do it but it must take effort on your part to get that many followers. I work on our dairy farm so I'm limited how long I spend on the computer.

You have an enjoyable hobby. I used to do refinish a lot of furniture for my home years ago when I was a stay at home mom...

Wishing you some spring like weather.
JB

Kay said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for coming by my blog and inviting me to join your blog. I have signed up to do that, so I will be following you now. Hope you've checked out all of my blogs as I have 5 of them.
Kay

Barb Pinion said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for stopping by my Let's Chat blog. Most of my family and friends that have seen the Movie didn't like it..said it was nothing like the real story. That being the case I opted not to go see it.
Take care. Have an awesome day.

Lady Vicki said...

Hello Chris, thanks for calling by last month and sorry I have only just caught up with you. I went to see Noah and liked it, but not one for someone who wants to have the bible story and nothing else. Well if that happened the film would last for about 10 minutes!! We only know the basic story and you have to accept that the film world would add lots to make it entertainment.
Hilary

Brandi said...

I wanted to see Noah with my husband, but we ended up seeing Divergent instead; which was really good. Your grandchildren are adorable!