Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 November 2013

The Primitive Life or, Was I Always So Prim?

This post is going to be more about my living room decor than anything else, so pay attention, as I will be cheap with my words, LOL.

Up until about two years ago you would never, ever have seen anything remotely old or beaten up in my abode, apart from myself, but slowly I have become smitten with the "Prim" look.  I will never become a connoisseur of that art form but I am very much enjoying the few items I have.  It had crept upon me very slowly and I am not quite sure which ones arrived first, not that it matters.


My dear friend Laurie played a part in this for she made me a cute little doll to sit on a chair I had re-purposed.  She thought it would help the chair sell faster in my Boutique.  Well, the chair never did sell (it's still sitting in the shop), but I kept the doll at home.  I thought it was so sweet that someone had made this for me and I can't part with it now.  Anyway, I digress.  Here is a picture showing the little doll (she's the one in white)....





So now that I have explained (kind of) how it all started, I will just keep posting with a minimum of words, unless needed....













If you look closely enough you will be able to see some of Laurie's beautiful artwork hidden amongst other things.



The top right hand one is mine and the bottom right hand one is Laurie's.


This old guy I copied from a picture I saw once in a store.  It's not as good as the original, but it fits in with my weird stuff.



My birdies.....





These are a few of my "altered art" pieces...



And a few more of Laurie's pieces along with some of my son's.


That's enough for today.  I haven't bored you I hope with all the photos (at least you didn't have to read lots, LOL)

As usual, a couple of photos of the darling little grandkiddies.

Rhys with a new hat, ha ha!!


Katherine with a little friend....


Rhys as a fireman for halloween....


Katherine and Rhys enjoying the leaves in the backyard...


Til next time.... Hugs,