Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 June 2013

The Internship


Well, it was off to the movies again with my dear friends Helena and Janis.  Most of the time I don't even care what film we go to see, I just love being in their company for the evening, catching up on their life events.  Good times, always.  The movie we went to see was "The Internship".  As movies go, it was okay, the latter part much better than the beginning and a few chuckles in between.  Not the best but still worth the busfare to get there, LOL


"Billy (Vince Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) are salesmen whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital world. Trying to prove they are not obsolete, they defy the odds by talking their way into a coveted internship at Google, along with a battalion of brilliant college students. But, gaining entrance to this utopia is only half the battle. Now they must compete with a group of the nation's most elite, tech-savvy geniuses to prove that necessity really is the mother of re-invention."

Still keeping myself busy with my Boutique, most every day I am out there thrifting my little heart out.  Now that the weather is getting much warmer, dragging my little shopping cart around is a little more difficult for me.  I lose strength when it heats up and find it more challenging to breathe.  You'd think I would stay home, oh no, I just might miss a bargain!!!!

I'm planning on hopping on that Greyhound bus and going to visit my grandbabies soon.  Rhys is going to be 4 in just over a week and Katherine just turned one so I'm looking forward to spoiling them.  The only problem is that the trip is quite long, 13 hours, but it's worth it, believe me - just to see those lovely smiles and be on the receiving end for hugs.  Can't wait.

Laurie's hubby is home from being airlifted to get a stent put in his heart.  He's not really feeling on top of the world yet but we are all hoping and praying that it will improve with time.  Thanks so much for your prayers, Laurie appreciates them too.

I went for my back injections today and for a change I was in and out in half an hour.  I think that is a record.  Sometimes I am in the waiting room for 4-5 hours, not much fun.  I have been known to read a book or knit a scarf whilst waiting there.  But it's worth it in the long run.

A few new photos of my Boutique.  I'm continually adding new things and it's getting really full again.  I can't believe that I moved from sharing a room with two others to having two of my own rooms and could still use some more space.  I keep threatening the weaver next door that I am going to knock a hole in the wall and move in with her, LOL









Hopefully I will have some new photos of the little darlings (grandkids) soon.  Take care of yourself and each other.  'Til we meet again.

Hugs,