Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 June 2012

"How's your day?" Mine is sew, sew!!

Another fabulous day in the neighbourhood.  Temperatures ranging from 24 to 29 celsius, a little too warm for my liking but nonetheless and beautiful day.  Living downtown has many advantages and most places of interest to myself are within walking distance.  One of those places is one of the local Churches which hosts a rummage sale every Wednesday morning.  This is Westminster Presbyterian Church, an artist's impression...............


So pretty.

Anyway, I sauntered over there first thing this morning and picked up a few bits and pieces and whilst I was there I saw a really lovely sewing box.  It had a twenty dollar price tag on it and whilst it was worth that, I wasn't in the mood to splurge, even if it was for a good cause!!  Got home and wasn't there more than two minutes when I realized that today they had a half off sale, so back I went hoping and praying that it was still there.  Surprisingly, it was and I scooped it up before anyone else had the chance.  This is my wonderful "find" of the day, worth every penny of the $10, and more..................






You saw in my previous posts how I have bravely attempted to make new cushion covers for my apartment, well, I figured I could make them for the whole of mankind now and sell them by the thousands at my craft displays.  I'm really going to make a fortune, LOL  Au contraire, I will be very lucky to sell a few, but that isn't stopping me from going full force and turning them out like a little factory.  No child labour here, but I am exploiting a certain senior citizen, but she won't remember tomorrow, LOL  Got all my fabric from "Fabricland", our only material store.  I have been making them in sets of three, here are some examples of the ones I have made so far........










These last two you have seen on previous blogs



Nothing much exciting is happening this week, no new painting projects on the go, so I'll just show you a few of my handmade necklaces..............








And that's just a tiny sample of what I still have left to sell.  I tried going the Etsy route but that didn't work for me so I'm now back to selling, or trying to sell, my crafts at local craft shows.

I will leave you with the only new photo I have of my darling grand-daughter Katherine.  It was Rhys, my grandson's third birthday last Saturday and how I wish I could have been there to celebrate with them.  Hopefully next year.  Here's Katherine..............


'Til we meet again, keep smiling.


Adding this two days later....  This is what was happening here last evening to celebrate 50 year anniversay of the Bridge between the two Saults.................


50th Anniversary Bridge LightingRed and white industrial rope light strands will grace the Canadian arch portion of the bridge, while red, white, and blue strands will grace the U.S. double-arch portion of the bridge. These strands will be lit in a community celebration at dusk on Thursday, June 28.

The primary celebration site will be at the Roberta Bondar Pavilion in Sault, Ontario, with a secondary celebration site at the Sault Locks viewing area in Sault, Mich. The public announcements, dignitary comments, and festivities leading up to and including the sequenced lighting of the rope light strands by the eight Sault Ste. Marie Bridge Authority board members will be broadcast live from the pavilion on radio station WSOO at about 9:45 p.m. There will be a bi-national fireworks display clearly visible from both Saults following the lighting ceremony.








Notice how the lights on the bridge itself are in red/white and blue.  So cool.  Sorry that the photos I took are not very good (I took them from my balcony) but I'm not that well acquainted with my camera and have only been taking ordinary photos so far.  I guess I should get out the manual, LOL