Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 April 2012

Last post for a while

This will be my last post for a while because I will be taking a trip for a week to see my adorable new grand-daughter and her equally fabulous older brother, who is not yet three.  I can't wait to see them both and hold, kiss and cuddle them.  I'm sure the week will fly by.  I'm almost packed and have a supply of things to entertain me on the 13 hour bus ride, e.g. my Sony e-Reader (for which I am having so much trouble in downloading e-books - don't know why because I have done it quite a few times before, so tomorrow I will have to pop on over to the Library and see if they can help me), and some snacks.  The last couple of days here have not been the best weatherwise and I'm hoping that the temperature will pick up and the fog will dissipate.  Today, it was very overcast and drizzly.


Here are the latest creations I have made..................









Laurie, a dear friend of mine, received a lovely Easter gift from another dear friend of both of us, NanaDiana.  She sent Laurie a fabulous home-made Easter Fudge Egg made with Wisconsin butter and so prettily embellished with Laurie's name.  Laurie, being the big-hearted person that she is presented me with a delicious slice, so, NanaDiana, if you are reading this, may thanks from me also.  You are so special and we both appreciate your friendship.

Whilst I am on the subject of Laurie, and I hope she doesn't mind me talking about her but I do know that she has mentioned this on her blog also......  Well, the other day, I had gone for a walk to look for twigs etc. with which to decorate my artwork and came home rather excited as I had found some gorgeous bulbous dried stalks which I thought would look fab on my pictures.  Laurie being the country girl, knew exactly what they were and went ahead and told me that her hubby used to collect these things, which are called "Golls" and here I will just copy what she said about it.


"My friend Chris is crafty as well.  We see each other every day almost, she is always creating and at the moment is creating altered art on canvasses, beautiful work.


She went on a collecting trip and came back with a bag full of sticks and twigs.  She called for me to come and see and I noticed she had something that Garry once collected for Fly Fishing, golls.  They are weeds that developed a bulge in their stem and in this bulge grows a grub, something like a maggot.  They grow in there all winter and hatch in spring.  When I told her, she looked at me and her eyes got big and she was a bit shocked but she loved them and I said "well they aren't in all of them, maybe you don't have them in these" .  "Well, what about those" she said, she had a whole bag of them, Chris never does anything by halves.  I don't think she really believed me until I sliced one open and out crawled a lovely FAT grub!!  We laughed so hard - I told her the warm apartment would most likely help to make them hatch.  YUK!


Poor Chris, I'm not sure she has recovered yet, but I think this lovely fudge egg might help so I will bring her some, on the road to recovery."

Now, what a delightful friend that is!!!!  First she scares the crap out of me then makes up for it with a peace offering of fabulous Wisconsin buttery fudge.  All is well, but I can tell you that I went out and picked up some moth balls to put in with those bulbous weeds in the hopes that the smell will kill off the grubs before they can eat their way out.  Never a dull moment at #700.

Yesterday I tackled fixing my patio screen door.  I went on the Internet and looked up the problem and then followed this darling gentleman's instructions and now my screen door slides like butter.

To finish off, a beautiful photo of the grandchildren - now you can see why I am looking forward so much to seeing them.  I must be the only one who hasn't held the new baby yet.


Have a wonderful week whilst I am away.  I will miss you all.  Even though I will be taking my "Notepad" with me, it's not quite the same as using my PC, but I hope to keep up with my e-mail etc. and other people's blogs.

TTFN and God bless.