Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Trying to keep busy

In the last week I have been very, very fortunate to have been invited to the movies twice.  The first time, last Thursday was with Dawn and this is the movie we went to see...............




The Vow is based on the actual relationship of Krickitt Carpenter from Farmington, New Mexico, who wrote a book about his marriage, also known as The Vow. Ten weeks after their wedding on 18 September 1993, the couple was in an automobile accident in which Krickitt suffered brain trauma, which erased memories of his romance with Kim as well as their recent marriage. Kim, however, was still madly in love with his wife, although his wife viewed him as a stranger after the accident. However, according to the couple, their faith in Jesus and their wedding vows before God kept them together.


 A horrific car accident puts Paige Collins (McAdams) in a coma and gives her severe memory loss, making her husband Leo (Channing Tatum) work to win her heart again. After several romantic trials, they start their relationship anew.


The second movie I went to see with Helena, Janis and Nancy was this one....................



Friends With Kids is a daring and poignant ensemble comedy about a close-knit circle of friends at that moment in life when children arrive and everything changes. The last two singles in the group observe the effect that kids have had on their friends' relationships and wonder if there's a better way. They decide to have a kid together - and date other people. 


This last one had too much swearing in for my liking, which even took place before the little children.  None of us were impressed with that!!  There were a few chuckles though.


What projects have I finished lately???  Quite a few actually.  I posted a whole slew of things on my Facebook account into a new group I made up called "Chabby Chic Creations by Chris".       https://www.facebook.com/groups/366059586761355/  I'm hoping to sell some of them, but I'm not holding out too much hope.  Here are a few for you to look at........

Napkin Holder



Tables painted Cream




Little wooden purses painted and adorned with lace


Wooden holders for Converters, Pens, Brushes, etc.
for your desk, vanity or even placed on the wall





Vintage looking pictures in frames, with lace adornments


Cream wooden shelf with butterfly decal


Well, I had better leave something to talk about in another blog so I will say goodnight for now.  I've had quite a long day.  This afternoon I started painting classes and did the first step in what I am hoping will be a really lovely painting, worthy of wall space, but we'll see, it's something quite new for me.  Have a good sleep and good thoughts being sent your way.

Was just on Facebook and found a new photo of my darling grandson, so............