Total Pageviews

Friday 2 March 2012

Snowy night

This is what it is like tonight here in the Sault, winter is back, Ugh and I did so want to go out tomorrow to the opening of our new Michaels store.  Maybe it will clear up by then.  Apologies for the rotten photos but it was blowing quite a bit and of course, very dark outside on my balcony.......





Lots of projects on the go, nothing completely finished except for one item.  I had bought a cheese server from a kitchen store in the Mall a little while ago (it was on sale) and decided to turn it into a cloche for birds.  It had a pretty design on it, but that didn't go with my idea, so, of course, I painted it cream, except for the glass top.....................


Here are some before pictures.............




Then painted.........................




Then I had to decide how I wanted it to look.  I tried a couple of variations until I settled upon the one I thought looked just perfect for it.  First I tried it with twigs......................





But settled on a base of moss and added a couple of birds, small nest and a few eggs.  I'm happy with this.  Don't know how long I will be "into" birds as decorations but for now I'm enjoying the "tweetness" of them all...............




How about a few pieces of my jewelry to fill in some space, LOL.........





And how about some of my dear friend Laurie's beautiful paintings which I have framed......................



To end this post, a cute little photo of my darling grandson in his funglasses....................


Nighty, night all.