Total Pageviews

Monday 16 January 2012

What was I thinking?

Yes, what was I thinking?  Did I really think that the snow would just disappear?  Did I really think that it would just pay us a cordial visit and then leave gracefully?  In my dreams this would happen but in reality we, here in this smaller Ontario city of Sault Ste. Marie, are stuck with it for probably the next three and a half months, but it is pretty.....................



For those of you who been asking about Laurie's (from http://laurie-whentheboughbreaks.blogspot.com/) and my neighbour, there isn't much to tell except that she is still in the hospital being assessed.  Laurie has had a phone call from another elderly lady, a friend of our neighbour, saying that she has been to see her and she is okay.  Knowing our neighbour as we do, Laurie and I know that she would not be very happy to not be in control of her day-to-day life.  Hopefully, the grandson will let us know when he comes to town in about another two weeks.  So, thanks for your prayers, she would appreciate that.

Onto a happier note, at least it is for me.  I have just finished my "Parisian" wall.  All the frames have been painted cream (no surprise there), and pictures printed off the internet, some of them so graciously offered by *The Graphics Fairy*.  This is a fabulous site - check it out.

It went from this..................


To this.................


and this..........


It's hard to take photographs in a narrow hallway, so other than standing on my head with a grape in my mouth singing God Save the Queen, these were the best I could come up with!!

Here's something else I created threw together.  Actually, it looks quite pretty on the wall and has given my living room a dash of colour, along with a couple of knick-knacks I picked up.  On a cold, wintry day one needs a little colour to add warmth, don't you think?


I made this one also........





Knick-knacks (which I need as much as I need a hole in my head, LOL)





I purchased all these adorable "knick-knacks" at The Queen's Cupboard.  Pat has some unique items, old and new and really worth checking out.  If you need Vintage Clothing for any occasion coming up, she has some fabulous outfits and the prices are very reasonable.  I'm almost tempted to see if she has a French Beret to hang from my Parisian wall, I've got the nobs for it, LOL

I think I will finish with a photo of my darling grandson.  Am I obsessed?  I guess so, LOL...............


Have a wonderful week.  TTFN