Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 January 2012

What a difference a day makes!!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and it was above zero, but today, what a change.  We woke up to lots of snow and now, late afternoon, the wind is howling and swirling the snowflakes around and around.  We have been so fortunate (only if you don't care for snow) that the weather has been temperate so far this winter, but I think we are going to start paying the price.  Take a peek.......................





Spent a very nice afternoon with my son, Gareth and his lovely girlfriend, Chelsie.  They stayed for supper, very plain this time, just roast pork, potatoes, turnip mashed in butter, gravy and Finnish apple cake with custard for dessert.  How quickly we turn away from sickly sweet or overly rich foods.  I'm sure I am like you, I still have too much left that hasn't even been touched yet.  I guess it will keep.  This same son received a Keurig coffee maker from his lady for Christmas and very kindly passed his used one on to me.  Not complaining, it's a Cuisinart, makes fabulous coffee.........................


I did very well for Christmas also, my son Phil who came to visit me (that in itself was a wonderful gift) gave me a new set of bathroom scales and a lovely wall plaque which I showed you in a previous post; the son and girlfriend, previously mentioned, gave me a great DVD player amongst other things like this..................


and my third son and his wife gave me a safety bar to put on my bath to help me get in and out......................


My dear friend Laurie, a very talented artist, of  
http://laurie-whentheboughbreaks.blogspot.com/
gave me permission to frame one of her latest creations.  Here it is in a beautiful frame given to me for Christmas by son Phil...........


All in all, I did very well for Christmas and I must say it turned out to be one of the best in a very long time, being with family makes all the difference.  The only thing missing was not having my son Dave and his wife and baby here.  Maybe next year I will spend Christmas with them, who knows.

I reduced all the prices on my Etsy account - haven't been selling anything anyway.  I think I had better stick with my Craft Shows.  I had created an Etsy shop so that I wouldn't have to lug all my stuff around, this being difficult for me because I don't drive and if I couldn't get my jewelry, etc. to the destination in my carts, then I would have to ask for help, which wasn't always easy to get.  We'll see what the New Year brings and if nothing then I will cancel.  At least I tried.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrisCarterCreations?ref=em

I put all my decorations away, except for the tree which is going tomorrow and changed my furniture back to the way it was.  I had moved it around to make it easier for everyone to watch the old goggle box, so it's now back to normal and I wonder what happened to Christmas.

I changed it back to this......

That's about it for now.  Have to check out the blogs of other bloggers and see what they have been up to.  Have a wonderful week.