Total Pageviews

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Here today, gone tomorrow

It's amazing really, and I'm sure you all feel the same way, after all the time, effort, money, anticipation, and love we put into preparing for Christmas and the rest of the holidays, that it's over in the blink of an eye.  Yet, we continue to do it year after year after year.  We sure are creatures of habit.


Anyway, I really did have a great Christmas this year, better than I have had in many years.  I was blessed with having one of my twins, Phil,  driving all the way home to spend eight days with me and also his older brother and girlfriend visiting lots.  Good times.  Like most families, we played silly games and laughed until our insides ached.  I just wish it could have gone on longer but sure am grateful for every minute.  Thanks guys.


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and you were able to share it with those who mean the most to you.  Christmas also can be very depressing for some as they cannot be with loved ones and I feel for them.  Also, there were a few sad losses, including a well-known, delightful gentleman who was a long-time florist here, Murray (on Christmas Day) - he and I would have a few chuckles when I visited his sister's Flower Boutique, My Maries.  Rest in Peace Murray, you were one of the good guys.  Many of you are now looking forward to New Year's Eve and then it's back to normal.

Here I should have included a photo of my darling grandson, whom I didn't see this Christmas because they are out of town, too far to travel at this time of year, enjoying some of the presents we sent him.......................


I can't wait for my next trip down to see them all and when I do, there should be another addition to the family.

Last evening I had the pleasure of spending time with two good friends (Helena and Janis) from where I used to work (the Library) and we played Scrabble.  What fun that was.  Here's a picture of us taken by my host's daughter before she "escaped", LOL...............


Here's the gorgeous ladies on their own.............



I also was very blessed in receiving gorgeous flowers from my brother Phil, his wife Alison and children Beth and Cait for Christmas. They live in Wales and remember me every year.  Thanks guys if you are reading.


Actually, I did very well with regards to presents.  My son Gareth and his lady, Chelsie, bought me a DVD player, son Dave, wife Niki and grandson Rhys a much needed safety rail for getting in and out of the bath and son Phil a lovely bathroom scale and adorable wall plaque.  I was spoilt.  Here's the wall plaque..............



Just before Christmas I found two adorable lamps in the Queen's Cupboard, our local antique store but the shades were dappled with paint splatters.  Too bad really because they were rather cute.  Anyway, I bought two new shades and put one lamp in the bedroom and the other in the living room.................


Well that's about it for now.  I think I should get dressed and take a walk to the Mall and see what's happening there.  It's really cold so I had better put on some long johns, kidding, but it is minus 12.  See if I can find some "stuff" for a new project, LOL.  Have a wonderful day.