Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 December 2011

Everthing has come to a HALT

For a couple of weeks, it was go, go, go with Craft Shows, out to dinner with friends and now it has come to a halt, nothing much happening now and no plans for anything either, except for a couple of lunch dates this week, to which I am looking forward, so I will have to fill you in regarding what I have been doing lately.

I found this little beauty in one of my favourite stores, "The Queen's Cupboard", but it was ucky looking, painted in pinks and blues and didn't seem to belong anywhere.  I painted it, yes, you guessed, cream and put it above my doorway.  I think it looks so posh there.............

This one without the flash

I bought a lovely white Christmas cactus from our local Florist, "My Maries" - I have always wanted a white one.  My pink one is flourishing and must be in it's fourth bloom this year.  Here's a peek at the white one......................


Just imagine what this is going to look like when it is in full bloom.

Remember I told you about my footstool reno?  Well, here are a few pictures from beginning to end.



I was going to re-upholster the seat of it but decided that it looked rather nice as it was, so for now it will stay like this.

My dear friend Laurie, who lives down the hall, not down the lane like Mary Jane, surpised me the other day with a delightful snowman.  She knows how much I love anything "cream" coloured and she spotted this in one of our local gift stores and bought it for me......................


He/she is adorable and is made out of cream felt and adorned with some bling - looks just like me all dollied up for a night on the town, LOL  Thanks again buddy.

After running around this afternoon picking up a few things, like stamps to mail some cards, which I should have done a week or so ago, I settled down to make some delicious home-made chicken/vegetable soup.  My soup is more like a stew.  It has everything in it except for the kitchen sink, and I'm not too sure about that either sometimes.  I get so carried away and half the time I couldn't tell you what I put in it, but it sure tastes great...................


Laurie, the genteel one, said "Put it in a pretty bowl and set the table with your best napkins and tableware" and I said, "Phooey, I'll just take a picture of it in the pot" and so I did and here it is, LOL

Well, to finish off for this evening I thought you might like to see a few photos of my place all ready for Christmas, remembering that it is just an apartment and I am kind of restricted when it comes to space and I wouldn't want to overdo it and have the place look Tinseltown, so here goes...................





Last but not least, I am sure looking forward to one of my sons coming home for Christmas.  He hasn't been home in a couple of years and this visit I have a spare room all set up ready and waiting.  Safe trip home son.