Total Pageviews

Friday 4 November 2011

Time to stop shopping - NOT!!!

I'm finally home, safe and sound, from my delightful visit with my son, DIL and scrumptious grandson.  I previously posted a few photos of him in his lion costume, so you don't want to see that again, so I will just post an ordinary (fantabulous) photo of him.  Aren't grandmas a little over the top?........................

and

Okay, now that I have the bragging over with, this is what I have been doing since I returned home.  I had considered buying this mirror before I went away but thought I should wait until I came home (didn't want to be labeled a compulsive shopper, LOL) and I hadn't changed my mind about wanting it, so I took my shopping cart and trudged down Queen Street to a quaint antique/whatever store called "The Queen's Cupboard" and said to myself that if it were still there, then it was meant to be mine.  Imagine my delight when I found it - I had to search around a bit for it because they had moved it, but it was there, waiting for me.  Here it is...................



Isn't it adorable?  Actually, I should have started this blog with mentioning a couple of things I bought whilst away, not big items, just odds and sods that I just HAD to have.  I found a few nice picture frames which I am painting cream of course.  I'll show the finished project when I have decided what to put in them.  I found a cute little jug......................


and a third frame which I intended to paint received a reprieve from my paint brush when I discovered that the picture inside was of magnolias and heavens to betsy, the bench and two trunks which are in my living room are decorated with hand-painted magnolias, so I'm keeping that one as is and have to find a place to put it............................

matching the bench....


Today I went to Value Village and I found some treasures.  Get a look at this....



So, this is in the "green" bedroom of course.

I found a few other things for painting but that's a story for another day.  I can't believe that I have been retired for five months already.  I am so busy, having so much fun, that I hope it continues and I never get bored.  I imagine the winter will be hard to get through, not having a vehicle, but there will be good days I am sure.  For now, I am "Retired and Loving It".  Have a good one.