Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 October 2011

I feel like a "Shut-In".

The weather here in the Soo has been terrible the last two days, rainy and gale force winds, not funny.  I haven't been able to get out and walk to the Mall, which I usually do at least once, sometimes twice a day.  Of course I could catch a bus, but by the time I got to the bus-stop and then to the Mall from the bus-stop I would be absolutely soaked, so what would be the point?  I'm just hoping for better weather tomorrow.

So, what have I been doing with myself to stop going nuts?  Well, I just finished refinishing an old microwave stand.  My plan was/is to do some art work on it and make it look like my deacon's bench but that will have to wait for another day - have to practice painting flowers and leaves before I attempt that.  Here's a picture of the painted stand.


I think I did a pretty good job.  I got a "thumbs up" from Laurie from http://www.howmytimeflys.blogspot.com/.  She is my resident expert on anything artsy.  I always go to her to ask her what she thinks of anything that I create.  She is such a good friend and so encouraging.

Gosh, I think the sun just came out, the first time in days.  Of course it's too late to walk to the mall now, talk about bad timing, LOL

With all this awful rain, Laurie, down the end of my hall has had a bit of a flood in her bathroom.  We have the roofers in putting a new roof on our building and they have just started to take off the old roofing so I guess an area around Laurie's apartment was a little vulnerable and water began to drip through.  She told me she was in the bathroom cleaning her teeth when she felt "drip, drip, drip" - she does have a wild imagination but this time it was for real.  The ceiling will have to be replaced, just another annoyance for our already overloaded supers to deal with.  At the present time we have the Cable people in replacing all the tv cable throughout the whole building, the Elevator people in replacing both of our elevators (huge job) and the Roofers.  All major jobs and all coming with their own smaller problems.  I bet the supers sometimes wish that Calgon could whisk them away.

I've just about wasted the day waiting and hoping that it would clear up and haven't accomplished much.  My apartment is nice and clean though, except for my craft room so I guess I could go and start on organizing that, but everytime I get it tidy, I untidy it by pulling everything out for a Craft Show or to pick out items for Etsy.  At least it gives me something to do.

I was wrong, the weather isn't getting better, the wind is still howling and blowing but the sun is still trying to peak out.  A waste of time if you ask me because it will begin to get dark soon.  Ah well, you can't blame him/her for trying.  Have a wonderful rest of the weekend my friends and I will talk to you again soon.

I'm linking this with Debbie's Newbie Party.