Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 August 2011

Laird Cornfest with my "Chats"

Well, the Cornfest has come and gone and after looking forward for a whole week to being there and hopefully selling some of my handcrafted jewelry, scarves and now my latest "Chats", which are hats with lovely flowers adorning them, I found myself very disappointed at the outcome.  My friend Eileen, who makes fabulous receiving "Blankies" pursuaded me to go along with her to this outdoor festivity, where many local groups were entertaining the crowds and even the well-known group "Lone Star" was going to be there tomorrow and it had the promise of being a really good day for people like myself who have a variety of handcrafted items for sale......................


For the first time EVER, I didn't make anything.  Oh, yes, I did make enough to cover the cost of the table but that was it.  How embarrassing!!  And to think that this past week I had rushed out and spent approximately $200 on materials to make these "Chats", which are hats, with a 'C' in front for my name.  A certain person said that by giving them a name, it would make them more desirable and everyone would want one.  Ha!! that's a laugh, we wore them to keep the sun off our heads but no-one else was interested, so I ended up bringing them all home again.......

Perhaps I will be able to sell them at the Fall craft shows.  Personally, I didn't think that this occasion really suited people who made crafts like mine - cowboy hats and anything that resembled tattoos on t-shirts seems to sell like hotcakes.  Well, you can't win them all and who knew?  Eileen didn't do too badly though.  People seem to welcome the baby blankets and she usually fares pretty well.  She does do a great job of them.  I slunk home with my proverbial tail between my legs and on top of that I burned my lips, face and neck from sitting in the sun.  I have a gorgeous outline of my fuschia pendant on my neck and my face looks like Bozo the clown with its red patches.  Poor me, I sure do feel sorry for myself, at least it does sound that way.  Here's another view of my table with me wearing one of those hats............. It looks like I'm about to teach Sunday School rather than taking part in an outdoor Fair, LOL.......... 


It's just about time for bed, and I am looking forward so much to curling up and resting these old bones.  Being in the sun for that long has caused me to feel very achey, sore and tired.  I can't seem to get rid of this headache I have but things will be better in the morning.  I've invited my son and his girlfriend over for supper tomorrow so that will be fun.  Have a wonderful day and I will catch you later.