Total Pageviews

Monday 29 August 2011

"Chats" and "Netbooks"

Just the other day I wrote about how disappointed I was at my lack of success at the local Festival where I attempted to sell my handcrafted jewelry, etc.  Because of its size, I really thought that I was going to do wonderfully well, but, as you know, that wasn't the case.  Not the right venue, the people weren't interested in my kind of thing, more to do with cars, country music and corn on the cob.  Everyone seemed to be having a great time there, but I think next year I will give this one a miss.  I'm only mentioning this because the hats "Chats" that I had hoped to sell there and didn't, were bought and worn by some friends who went to a fishing lodge for the weekend and proudly wore them.  Here's a delightful picture of Helena and her fishy friends, LOL.................


She also sent me another one of just herself posing as a Calendar Girl.  Actually, she looks good enough to be one, of course it's the "Chats" that makes her look so wonderful, LOL...........


Isn't she adorable???

I bought myself a Netbook the other day.  It's an Acer Aspire.  It sure does take some getting used to after a regular PC.  I thought that I would just open it and everything would be there for my using, but no, I quickly found out that I needed a router, so that took two walks to the mall to get that sorted and then after using it for a day I found that I hated the mouse pad thing on the Netbook and decided to go and get a wireless mouse.  That also took two more walks to the mall, the first mouse I bought actually didn't work so I had to take the Netbook down to the store and get them to try it for me.  They replaced the mouse, no problem, and now I'm beginning to have some fun with it.  I'm using my Dell PC for this blog as I can't type very fast on the other one - hopefully I will get better with time.  This is what it looks like................


I thought it would be great to take away with me when I go to see my kids and grandson next week.  It's going to be a long Greyhound bus ride, so with my Sony Reader and this I will be just fine.  It will be great to have when I am there also so I can check my mail, etc. whenever I want to.

Nothing else to report today.  I was asked if I would like to be profiled in our community's Arts Council monthly newsletter for October (I think) and I turned them down.  I wouldn't know what to say about myself.  I would have had to have written a biography explaining my interest in jewelry making, etc. and who influenced me, etc. etc. and honestly, there really isn't anything to say, just that I do it, LOL  Maybe I should have made something up!!!!  Nighty night.  Will talk to you again soon.