Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 July 2011

It's about time

I have been so very busy with moving from one apartment to another (just across the hall) that I haven't had time to sit down and "blog" and I still haven't finished with organizing things at this end, but I thought I should "touch base" with you and let you know how things are going so far.  I'm waiting on the delivery of my new couch and will then post pictures.  I have really done a job on my accommodations, cut down on possessions and the new furniture I have purchased has been much smaller than my old.  It's a good feeling to purge - I don't know why I was keeping all this stuff because none of my sons want my "junk".

Anyway, whilst I was still in the process of moving "across the hall", I would leave both apartment doors open to make it easier to cart things back and forth.  I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new bed, which turned up on time, and I proceeded to attach the headboard and get it all set up and then make the bed up with all new linens, etc.  Imagine my horror when I went into the living room to get the new sheets and pillows only to find that the sheets, still in the original packaging, had been stolen.  Can you believe that?  Sometime in the previous couple of hours, someone had walked in and taken them.  Well, I was pretty ticked off by that and had to go out and purchase a whole new set of linen, so - so much for the bargain I got the first time around when I found lovely double sized white sheets with a satin stripe throughout on sale.  Having to purchase two sets of sheets, new comforter set and a mattress cover cost me a small fortune and then yesterday, I bought another set of sheets 'cos you can't just have one set!!  Boy, do I go on and on, but that's not the end of the story.  Eventually, at the end of the day, I gratefully snuggled in my new bed and dropped off to sleep, only to wake in the middle of the night wondering where the new key I had cut (to give to my son) was - I didn't recall seeing it all evening where I had placed it ready to take to him.  Of course, I had to get up and check and that was missing also, so I can only assume that whomever stole my sheets also took the key.  Now of course I can't go back to sleep thinking that someone is going the sneak into my apartment and steal my cookies, which made me almost want to toss mine, LOL  Of course I had the lock replaced that morning, but what nerve people have.  Here's a picture of my new bed.  I'll say TTFN and will post again when I have more pictures of the work in progress.  Hugs to all.