Total Pageviews

Friday 10 June 2011

Time is flying!!

Well, it's been just over a week since I retired and I don't know where the time has gone.  Actually, it's as if I were on vacation - people say that's what it feels like at first and I think they are right.  The other day I visited my husband's gravesite and took a new saddle wreath to put on the headstone.  I seem to have to do this every year as some "deadbeat" steals it.  I know the wind doesn't blow them off as I make sure that they are good and tightly attached.  Well, they must need it more than my hubby does, probably some out of work guy looking for a gift for his mom for Mother's Day!!!!  Here's a picture of the site all tidied up with the new flowers and I also planted some pansies this year.  When the flowers bloom it should look very pretty.


What I found strange was that the headstone behind my hubby's belongs to the father of a good friend and I didn't even know it all this time.  She told me that when she visits her father, she pulls any weeds she sees on ours.  What a nice lady.

I received an e-Reader from my colleagues as a "going-away" gift.  It's a lovely Sony Reader and I can't for the life of me figure out how to download books.  I am very eager to get it working as I will be heading out of town in a week to see my grandbaby (picture beneath) and I wanted one to use on the long bus trip.


I've been going through my clothes since I left work and disposing of all my good clothes, except for a few items, in case I get invited to any "do's" and for Church of course.  I can't believe how may items I owned and I still have absolutely loads left.  I must tighten my belt now that I am a senior on a pension and watch the pennies and that means no more shopping for wearing apparel - right, I'll believe that one.  I have lots of addictions and that's one.  My other addictions are buying beads and other craft supplies to make my jewelry and greeting cards.  Perhaps one day I will post some of my creations here.  Every year I do all the big Craft Shows which are held here locally - it's so much fun and I meet so many interesting people.  Well, this is all for now.  Look forward to visiting with you guys on your blogs also.